Sunday, May 17, 2009

Milestone Mama



It is no small feat that a person completes their Masters Degree. However, I am especially proud of myself because when I began my Master's program, I found out I was also pregnant with my wonderful, handsome, angel. While the days were long and especially tiring toward the end of my pregnancy, I delivered my healthy, perfect baby boy with only 2 class left to take for my Masters! Well, yesterday, I walked across that stage, shook the hand of the President of Sacred Heart University and with my sweet angel in the audience, recieved my degree! I have accomplised many things in life. I graduated with my undergraduate degree a year early, I was married at 22, pregnant at 23, a mom at 24, and still was able to finish grad school at 25! I hope that I am able to inspire lots of moms out there to continue or begin their higher education work because nothing beat the feeling of walking across that stage yesterday knowing what great things I had accomplished over the last year! To those of you mommies out there, the ones that I am friends with who want to go back, ahem... I am more than happy to help watch your LO so that you can pursue your dreams! Nothing is impossible if you can dream it and you believe it, you can achieve it!

2 comments: