Friday, May 8, 2009

Ode to a Cloth Diaper


So I like to think of myself as a fairly green mom! I made Dillon's babyfood, I used glass bottles (no BPA for my kid!), and I cloth diaper my little fluffy butt! I started off using Pampers Swaddlers- I wasn't working and hadn't planned on going back to work until September, but oh well. I was looking for ways to save us money and making Dillon's food was one, but I discovered and fell in love, love, love with cloth diapers! I did some extensive research about types of cloth diapers and decided that the Bum Genius 3.0s were for me! Tell me that's not the cutest Fluffy Butt you've ever seen! So, since I have put Dillon into these fantastic, amazing, love of my life diapers, I have not had even one blowout, not that I had before, but he has had some poos that could have been blowouts if he hadn't been in those. He has never leaked out of them other than if someone put it on wrong, and he has not had diaper rash ever. These diapers will fit him until he's out of diapers, they come with their own doubler for at night and when his little brother or sister comes along they can wear them too! I took my husband to a store called Papoose in Norwich, CT and the ladies there told me all that I needed to know! We bought literally $400 worth of cloth diapers and haven't looked back! Other than if he is at his Situ's house for the day, Dillon is NEVER in disposable diapers (sposies). I could not justify buying trash, it was bad for the environment, and so much better on Dillon's skin and I get on my CD soapbox for anyone who will listen! We wash the diapers ourselves with Seventh Generation laundry detergent, but any natural plant-based detergent without fabric softener or scent will do! I love them so very much! Dillon wore them all the way to Washington D.C., the entire time we were on vacation, and I never had one issue! These diapers are amazing and fantastic and I hope that you will consider giving your baby a fluffy butt!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, $400! That's why I bought gDiapers...I'm waaay to cheap for Bum Genius! I'm glad they work so well for you guys, though. :)

    ReplyDelete